ADMISSION CRITERIA & Procedure 2016-17
Please read through the admission procedure and criteria carefully. It will help you in your application process.
In the following para's we define the overall admission criteria and the admission criteria for each of the departments
General Rules applicable to all departments
Procedure for calculation of ‘Best Four’ subjects percentage for Honours Courses
Aggregate marks will be calculated on the basis of best four academic subjects including English.
If a candidate doesn’t include the subjects given in list below in ‘Best Four’, then a deduction of 2.5% of maximum marks will be levied for each subject for the purpose of calculating ‘Best Four’.
All subjects to be included in the calculation of ‘Best Four’ must have at least 70% theory component of exam. In case, the subject to be considered does not have 70% theory component and 30% practical component, then the marks of theory and practical only shall be converted to 70% and 30%, respectively on pro rata basis. These new marks will then be considered for calculation of ‘Best Four’.
If a candidate has scored: Physics 90 (theory 50, practical 40; max. marks theory 60, practical 40), and Chemistry 91(theory 52, practical 39; max. marks theory 60, practical 40) which is not in ratio of 70: 30, then the marks can be converted on pro rata basis
Pro rata marks in physics = 88.3 ((50/60) x 70 + (40/40) x 30) = 58.33 + 30 = 88.33
Pro rata marks in chemistry = 89.92 ((52/60) x 70 + (39/40) x 30) = 60.67 + 29.25 = 89.92
II. Procedure for calculation of ‘Best Four’ subjects percentage for B.A (Prog.)
a. One Language (Core/Elective/Functional)
b. Any three elective subjects can be chosen.
c. One non-listed subject (List above) can be included in calculation of ‘Best Four’ without any deduction.
Department Specific Criteria
- 1. Weighted average of the best of four would be calculated by giving 1% to each of the following subjects (a) Commerce (b) Accountancy (c) Economics (d) Business Studies.( e)Computer Science
- 2. Must have studied Mathematics in class XII
- 2% weightage will be given to students who have studied any two of the following subjects :
(a) Accountancy (b) Business Studies (c) Economics (d) Commerce e) Computer Science
Department of Economics
- 1. Mathematics is compulsory. Minimum requirement is 70%
- 2. If Economics is included in the best of four then an advantage of 2% is given.
Department of English
- 1. Preference will be given to students from the Humanities and the Science streams.
- 2. Preference will be given to students who have taken Elective English in their school leaving exams.
- 3. Non-academic subjects will not be considered among the top four.
Department of Hindi
- 1. Hindi and English compulsory upto XII
- 2. Need to have pass marks in English in Class XII
- 3. Subject marks in Hindi : 60%
- 4. Aggregate best of four: 55%
- 1.Students from all streams - science, commerce and humanities are eligible to apply
- 2. 2% weightage will be given to the students having History in Class XII.
Department of Mathematics
- 1. Minimum marks in Mathematics 80%
- 2. Mathematics should be a subject in Class XII.
Political Science (Hons.)
- 2% weightage will be given to the students having Pol-Science in class XII
- Advantage of 1% will be given to students whose best four has Psychology and the student has scored above 85%.
- If Sociology is included in the best of four then an advantage of 2% is given.