Dr. Susmita Ram is an Associate Professor in the Department of Elementary Education. She began her teaching career in JMC in 1996. Previously she taught in Lady Irwin College and at the Department of Education.
Her area of specialisation is Science Education and her areas of interest include Science Education and Environment Studies.
She is involved in many research and academic endeavors in the University and outside in the Education system.
1. Ram S., Nair B.G. and Chhatpar H.S. 1984. “Phosphate mediated changes in fatty acid composition of Nuerospora crassa, Nuerospora Newsletter 31, p28
2. Ram S., Nair B.G. and Chhatpar H.S. 1984. “Phospho regulation of some enzymes from Nuerospora crassa, Experimentia, 40, p1382.
3. Ramanathan S. and Siddiqi N. 1994. “Representation of Science in Upper Primary Science Textbooks”, Indian Educational Review, NCERT, 29(1) p1-12
4. Ramanathan S. 2002. “Revitalising Lesson Planning: A Case for a Unit Plan Approach- EVS in the Primary School”, Reflections on Lesson Planning, IASE, University of Delhi.
Poster Presentation at Scientific Meetings
1. Ram S. and Chhatpar H.S. 1983. “Light mediated changes in Nuerospora crassa” in 24th annual meeting, Association of Microbiologists of India (AMI), Hyderabad.
2. Ram S., Nair B.G. and Chhatpar H.S. 1984. “Phosphate mediated biochemical changes in Nuerospora crassa,” in 52nd Annual Meeting, Society of Biological Chemists (SBC), Pune
3. Ramanathan S. 2000. “Experiences of Classroom Teaching – Ideal and the Real” at the National Conference of Science Teaching and Research in the 21st Century: An Indian Perspective, Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. 29-30 March.
1. Worked on the UNESCO project “pre-school education in Lady Irwin College to evaluate the work done by the Rajasthan SCERT, 1984
2. CSIR Junior Research Fellow for two years (1984-86) at the Tissue Culture Laboratory, Department of Microbiology and Cell Biology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
1. Have served as member, Committee for Construction of Liberal Option Course for Biology, in the B.El.Ed Programme.
2. Have served as member, Committee for restructuring the M.Phil. course on “Science, Society and Education”, in the Department of Education, University of Delhi, 2001.
3. Resource person for Faculty Development Programme, held at Department of Education, University of Delhi on Sept. 22, 2000 on School internship for the IV year. Spoke on Integrating Projects on Internship.
4. Resource person for Faculty Development Programme, held at Department of Education, University of Delhi
5. Was a panelist , panel discussion-cum-workshop on “lesson Planning— The Core of Teacher Education, at Institute of Advanced Studies in Education, Department of Education, University of Delhi,2001.
6. Participated in the Fourth International Conference on Environmental Education, November 26-28, 2007 at the Centre for Environment Education, Ahmedabad, India. Was a steering committee member in the working group session "Roadmap for Creating a Research Foundation to Support the Decade of Education fo Substantial Development."
7. Served as a member of the Board of Research Studies (Education) in the Faculty of Education for two years, 2012-13
8. Resource person for various development programmes for NCERT and SCERT.
9. Served as a member of the Committee of Courses, Faculty of Education, University of Delhi twice.
10. Was a resource person of the committee looking into the syllabus of Early Childhood Care and Education, National Council for Teacher Educators (NCTE), 2015-16, India.